This is just a test of the lighting that arrived today.
I just couldn’t wait to share.
The focus of test was the brown area directly below uppermost red roof area. There are many exposed areas seen in this vid that will be eventually be closed in by roof pieces.
Here’s the result.
Note there will be another set of lights in the “Lava Bay” above door.
Final coat of texture on roof beams.
Flagstone floor laid out on thick corrugated cardboard. Edge has been cut and top layer of cardboard removed for “Lave Trough”.
Stones have been cut to bottom layer of cardboard but not cut through.
Top layers of cardboard and corrugation have been removed leaving just the stones.
1st Layer of the “texture” (50% water 50% white glue mix over torn up pieces of napkins). I applied this with an old blunt (short bristle) paint brush. Hopefully 1 coat will due. We’ll see after it dries.
Well, I was not happy with the window frames.
To me they looked too “two dimensional” so I took them and the door frames off and gave them a texture.
50% water to 50% white glue using torn up napkins do the trick.
Here is a door frame before texture. The window frames looked the same.
Here are two window frames where I tested colors after texture dried. The gray (on the right) just seemed too flat so I went with the silver on the left; which is actually nail polish.
Redone windows and doors.
Also, I’ve been asked how I weather: Just use very little paint of a light color over dried dark base as shown.
Here are the Signs and Mailbox assembled, Porch well on it’s way, and Rafters for roof of Bank building waiting to be textured. Also I’m showing a dollar bill so you can gauge size.
Just checking fit of Rafters for the Forge.
View from top of Forge Roof. I’ll be leaving everything in separate pieces until I decide on wiring for lights.
I looked into doll house lighting just for comparison and am still getting over sticker shock!
…and The Inn, pretty much the same level of completion. Also show are Door and Window frames with painted Roof material ready to be cut into Shingles.
Working on more Pilons with 50/50 white glue, water mix. Also some extra Tusks / Horne’s.
Second picture features Painted roof (for Forge), exterior detail of Bank’s wall painted, Door way cut and frames made; painted with silver base coat, and Bank’s roof truss started. Also the Porch with steps are show. Torches and “Spears” to support porch roof will eventually be added.